Medovača (Honey infused brandy)kazani
Things you’ll need:
- Large Open Mouthed Jar (6 liter minimal)
- 4 liters of alcohol (brandy, vodka, rum, moonshine or any clear distilled spirit)
- 1 liter white wine
- 750-800 grams of honey
- Whole dried cloves
- 4 lemons
- Use the finer part of a cheese grater to grate and remove the zest from the lemons
- Add all the ingredients (just a pinch of dried cloves as they can be quite potent. 5-10 dried flowers should suffice) into the jar and stir with a large wooden spoon.
- Cover the mouth of the jar with cellophane or saran wrap and a rubber band (or lid if it has one) and leave in a sunny location for at least one month stirring every few days.
- A coffee filter or cheese cloth and funnel can be used to filter pour from the jar directly into the bottles.
- Yields approximately 6 liters.
- Makes an excellent summer drink when served cold.